Friday, May 6, 2011

on 7 comments

Our #1 lemming

Well no surprises here.  Clarins #230 makes the top of the list for our most lemmed after polish.

But before I go on, I'm going to vent.  See that middle one below titled 'Lemming'.  Well that percentage of people wrote something along the lines of "I don't know what a lemming is".  Seriously, when I did my giveaway, the post that was only two days before it was about nail blogger lingo, and explained what a lemming was.  I just love people that waft in, enter my giveaway, leave and don't read another damn thing.  There like someone in the supermarket that walks down a isle, farts and keeps walking.  But for those that are still reading, thank you!

Any who, I've listed below the top lemmed polishes, with the following notes abut the data
  • I removed it from the list if it was only mentioned by one person
  • I remove it if it was only a general brand comment "would love to try Deborah Lippmann or RBL"
  • I removed it if it was only a general finish comment "any holo or duochromes"
  • If it was a whole collection, I added it under the most popular polish for that collection, eg OMG collection under OMG, NFU holo, under 61
  • I removed if it was not a nail polish - yes, there were some entries that had lemmings other than nail polish!
China Glaze DV8 1%
China Glaze LOL 1%
Deborah Lippmann - Across the Universe. 1%
Hidden Treasure 1%
Nfu Oh 51 1%
OPI Sanderella 1%
Red Holo 1%
Liquid Euphoria Bliss 1%
OPI Absolutely Alice 1%
OPI Creme De Menthe 1%
OPI Mad As A Hatter 1%
RBL Scrangie 1%
OPI Black Shatter 1%
OPI Merry Midnight 1%
Deborah Lippmann - Glitter in the Air 2%
Chanel Holographic 2%
Essie Starry Starry Night 2%
Ozotic Pro 505 2%
OPI DS Original 3%
Nfu Oh 61 3%
Lemming? 3%
MPJ HOLO 5%
China Glaze OMG 6%
GOSH Holographic 6%
Clarins 230 11%

A total of only 58%, so the remaining 42% of people all lem for a polish that no one else did.
I was lemming GOSH Holographic, but now its 230.
Finally, there was only one mention of this, but there is another kindred spirit out there who said they lemmed a "Magnetic Holo", that’s exactly what I said when Scrangie did her post about what sort of polishes we want to see more of.   How freaking awesome would a magnetic holo be!!

Here is my photoshoped version of a magnetic holo.  I wanted to do a star shape, but my photoshop skills aren't good enough, and although I can imagine it in my head, I couldn't exactly work out how to create the various light and shadow reflections for a star, so a circle it is.

7 comments:

  1. A magnetic holo would be absolutely awesome!! I'd buy one in every colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, magnetic holooooo. *falls over dead* THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha the magnetic holo is crazy! that must be what NBers see right before they die

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see if I can franken one of those monsters! I'll let you know how it turns out. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized. What color should I do? I have blue, charcoal, green and a purple-y color.
    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura - I never thought to try frankening one. Im totally going to try that too. But like you said picking a colour will be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, imagine that, magnetic holo! I'm drooling!!! You did a fine Photoshop job.
    I'm surprised OPI DS Glamour didn't make it to the list of lemmings.
    And don't feel bad because of the people who don't read, maybe they just started to follow and read all the posts after the giveaway, but didn't have time to read all the posts before it. I'm just guessing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
I live in Canberra, Australia with my husband, Mr Seven and Miss Five. My blog is all about nail polish, and a few other bits in between. You can contact me at morenailpolish@iinet.net.au