I recently got the chance to try the Remington Flawless Nails Manicure and Pedicure Kit and thought I would share my thoughts on it.
The kit is a rechargeable cordless device that comes with 10 interchangeable attachments. It has two speed settings and offer up to 2.5 hours of cordless use before needing to be recharged. It is designed for use on both natural and acrylic nails, and while I was too scared to use some of the attachments on my natural nails, I was pleasantly surprised in using some of the other attachments. Let's take a closer look.
The back compartment, which looks like it would hold batteries, actually contains the cord. You don't need to plug the device in to use it, instead, you charge it and then use it hands free.
The whole kit looks like a large clear egg. The purple tinted clear lid unclicks at the front and opens up.
Inside you will find the device and it's 10 interchangeable attachements, as well as a pair of plastic tweesers and a nail drying fan.
Lets look at each of the attachments in detail.
- Precision shaping cone - designed to file away dead skin and smooths the edges and underside of your nails. I did use this one, and have an action shot below.
- Mini cleaning brush to clean away nail dust and debris. It worked well for me in removing stubborn glitter left on my skin around my nail.
- Cuticle pusher, designed to gently push back cuticle skins. Yeah, so this was a fail for me. When it was plugged into the machine it bounced backwards and forwards and wasn't something I wanted to push near the edges of my cuticles.
- Precision shaping cylinder - basically does the same thing and the other precision shaping attachment, it's just a different shape.
- Callus remover - designed to remove rough skin and corns around and between the fingers and toes. I can't say I really have too much rough skin, although there is a small match on my right hand index finger that felt smoother after using this on it.
- Coarse filing disk, designed to be used on acrylic nails to create a rough texture for easy adhesion of glitter or textured polishes. I didn't let this one near my natural nails, but I'm confident it would work well on acrylics.
- Medium filing disk. I couldn't find the specified use for this one in the instructions, so decided not to use it on my natural nails.
- Fine filing disk to shape your nails to the desired length. I did use this on my nails and I found it gave a very smooth finish and didn't take too much length off too quickly. I liked this one.
- Buffing disk - smooths the surface of the nails. It's like a large felt pad.
- Polishing disk - create a natural glossy shine. This is the same material on this that is on those buffing and polishing nail blocks. It does work and will create a high shine, but I found it felt rather hot on my nails because of the speed it was spinning, so I just needed to be careful not to press to hard or hold it in one spot for too long.
There are no batteries in the unit so it is very light weight and easy to use.
I used the precision shaping cone on these hard bits of skin and nail at the side of my nail. These are the bits that sometime catch and can cause hangnails. It worked nicely to smooth them over.
Here is an action shot of me using the Fine Filing disk on my index finger. You can see how fast the head is spinning by the blurred circular lines around the disk. It's perfect for square shaped nails to get that smooth flat finish on your nails.
On the lower right section of the kit is a nail drying station. You just press you fingers down on the bar and it starts the fan. The molded curve directs the air up and around the nails to help them dry faster.
Overall, this is a nice package. I like how light weight the device is and the large selection of interchangeable attachments means there is pretty much a tool for anything you would want to do. I think I would definitely use this more if I had acrylic nails.
Remington products are available from all leading electrical retailers across Australia. For more information see http://www.remington-products.com.au/ or follow Remington Australia on Facebook.
Product provided for consideration.